Sunday 22 June 2014

An Iceberg Weekend


Today we got back from a few nights in Bonavista Bay. Jon booked us into this little cabin so that we could check out the area, but mostly the icebergs.  I really think icebergs are amazing for all the usual reasons, like they are so old, and they traveled so far to get here. But also, they make me stop and take a second to realize how amazing this earth is. I know that sounds so cheesy, but they are kind of like a little reset button for me. When you see them in real life, they look so odd, like they totally don't belong where they are. They are surprisingly noisy, and surprisingly colourful. Plus, they don't last very long. Jon and I have actually witnessed a huge one break into pieces before our eyes. Awesome. You pretty much have no choice but to sit back and just be amazed by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...