Sunday 11 May 2014

My first Mother's Day!



Even though I have always celebrated my own mother on this day, it is so completely different now that I am a momma too. I think about how mom was a mother of three by the time she was my age, and she was doing it on her own lots of the time since my dad was always gone for work. Throughout my life, dad was always gone for long stretches. Same with the dads of many of my friends. And now, we live somewhere that the men all go to work away, either on the ships, the oil rigs, or good old "out west." So it really seems normal to me that moms do it all on their own. But now that I am a momma, I can't imagine doing it alone. Jon has spent two night away from us for work since Cohen was born, and even that was a little bit tough. And with three kids!! I never felt even a tiny bit like it was a challenge for mom. She was such a natural momma. I can only hope to be like my mom.

Today was so good. Jon brought me coffee and warm scones from Jumping Bean first thing in the morning. I was treated to a few of my favorite things (magazines and chocolate, of course), then we went for brunch (french toast made with cornflakes!). Cohen made me a card (maybe his dad helped a bit) based on his favorite book. And I went for my first outdoor run of the year.

Happy Mothers Day to all the mommas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...