(Cohen's cousin reading to him)
(baby's first pair of Nikes. from Nanny DD)
(in his Christmas best)
(baby's first flight)
(crazy snow and ice in Toronto. and a purple unicorn)
Some notes on our Christmas vacation:
- Cohen met his cousins for the first time. Our niece, Olivia, was all about helping me with Cohen. She helped my bathe him, dress him, read to him, play with him, put him to sleep. It was the coolest thing to see.
- We spent Christmas Eve with my sister-in-law's in-laws. And it was awesome. Our Christmas Eve meal was pasta with scallops followed by the best salmon I have ever had. I so love Christmas eating.
- Christmas day was spent eating and drinking and rainbow looming. Seriously, this toy (the rainbow loom) has a bit of a learning curve. Olivia and I spend hours figuring out how to make these little bracelets. I would have loved this as a preteen. Actually, I secretly loved it as an almost 30-year-old.
- Our little man did excellent on his first flight (and his second, third, and fourth flight too). Changing a diaper in the tiny restroom of the plane was challenging though. But that's a whole other blog post.
- This time last year, I was incredibly sick (morning/all day sickness), and could only eat honey nut cheerios. This year, I totally made up for it. I ate tons of my mother's Kahlua gingerbread men, butter tarts, spiked eggnog, and rice pudding. All so good.
- We spent NYE in a hotel room in St. John's. I think we were asleep by midnight. We ordered food and watched bad TV. And I loved it.