Thursday 21 January 2016

A girl's weekend in town


This past weekend I went to town (St. John's, 2 hour drive away) with some friends, and the only pics are these sad polaroids. We drove in on the Saturday and went straight to the spa, where I got a facial and manicure. The facial was cool, but I like having proof of my spa time with a manicure or pedicure. Then we went out for supper, then drinks, then dancing on George Street. And wow, did we feel out-of-place. The clubs were filled with young twenty-year-olds. We had breakfast the next morning in the hotel restaurant with an amazing view of Signal Hill, then on to Costco before heading home. I loved that our trip was only 24 hours, so I didn't feel bad to leave the little dude, and I loved talking to a group of strong, intelligent women. I arrived home feeling refreshed and maybe a little hungover.

I have said it before, but it's hard to meet new friends as an adult. We have lived here for 2.5 years, and I am only new starting to feel those connections. You can't force that kinda thing. For me, having a few local girl friends is just such a huge bonus, and makes me feel a little more balanced out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...