Tuesday 24 March 2020

Coronavirus reading





I would have thought there would be more time to read since I am not allowed to work anymore. But the coronavirus situation has me so distracted. My screentime on my phone was over double my normal average last week. And I have to make such a huge effort to concentrate on things other than the state of our business (we laid off our entire staff, and we aren't allowed to see patients right now. We talk to patients on the phone every day and call in prescriptions when needed). Anyway, this is what I read. We are of course done with libraries for a while, and I’m not ordering any more books from chapters (see above re: no income). So I will be dipping into Jon’s books next.

Such a fun age by Kiley Reid. This one isn't pictured because I sent it to my sister right after I read it. I liked it a lot. The book talks about white privilege in a way that I liked. Also it was a Reese Witherspoon book club selection, so there's that.

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate. Ok, so this book is actually a children's book, but I read it and loved it. I'm not sure I would read it to/with my six-year-old, but definitely in a few years I would recommend it to my son. I felt like this book was so unique in the way it was written from the point of view of a gorilla. And it's based on a true story, which I always love.

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. This true story was of course really hard to read. I kept imagining the author sitting with the tattooist while he told her his story. I really liked seeing pictures of the main character and his wife at the end of the book. Really good!

The Danish girl by David Ebershoff. The descriptions in this book are pretty detailed, so sometimes I was wondering when something else was going to happen. But overall I liked this book, and as always appreciate that it is based on a true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...