Monday 25 July 2016

Reading lately...


I've been reading like crazy lately, like always.

Modern Lovers by Emma Straub. Super easy read. I was done in a night or two. It's really light, much like the Vacationers. Nothing special.

Not Becoming my Mother by Ruth Reichl. Super duper short. I read this in maybe 45 minutes. It was less a book and more a...pamphlet?

The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel. Oh man. This was long, and super hard to get through. I was obsessed with Life of Pi, like everyone else, but this one did not do it for me. Though I didn't really enjoy it, I am still thinking about the weirdness of it. Certain parts of it are sticking with me. I was also really interested to read that the author did a "book club" with the former prime minister. So cool and disappointing.

Better: A surgeon's notes on performance by Atul Gawande. I liked it. Interesting. Made me want to be a better dentist. I would recommend. Reminded me that I really want to read When breath becomes air.

I am about to start Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari, which I have been looking forward to for forever. Jon and I might read it to each other since we will be starting our vacation on Friday. I have such a huge list of books I desperately want including: Girls & Sex by Peggy Orenstein, The Girls by Emma Cline, Between the world and me by Ta-Nehisi Coates. I dream of a big bookshelf with a pile of books ready to be read at all times. I am also loving the design magazines right now since we are doing a few upgrades in our new house.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...