Thursday 10 March 2016

Lots of Ottawa pics

(reading at YYT)

I definitely cannot do a "Things to do in Ottawa with a toddler in winter" post because we were just so sick the whole time that we were lucky to do the few things we did.  In typical toddler fashion, Cohen's absolute highlight of the trip was going on the elevator numerous times a day in the building we stayed at. Also jumping from our bed to his blowup air mattress a million times a day while yelling various words including "geronimo" and "to infinity." And watching lots more TV then he usually gets to because Jon and I were pretty much out of commission. And eating more junky food than usual.

(en route from the airport in Ottawa*) 

(the Airbnb host had left out a few toys and a play mat. The best) 

(bathtime)


(at the public library**) 


(also at the library: Jon found about ten half crayons in another tupperware) 

(Children's Museum in Gatineau) 

(Thomas exhibit) 

(museum times) 

(Jon wants one of these for our house) 

(driving the mini in the museum) 

(loved the elevator ***) 



*Our Airbnb did not have parking, and it seemed annoying to get a rental car anyways for downtown Ottawa, so we had planned to just do the bus thing so we didn't have to worry about car seats. And then we got to the airport and we were exhausted and the taxi stand was so convenient, and they didn't seem to care/notice that we had a toddler in the backseat with us who was not in a carseat. Sooo we took a taxi. No car seat. I had spent the week beforehand worrying about lack of carseat and checking the bus system for the best route. I was so against toddlers in backseats with no car seats. And I still am. And I did it. To make myself feel better I recalled times when we were traveling as kids in Mexico, and our entire family crammed into a backseat with no seat belts or anything. But really, I would recommend for anyone visiting a city to do the bus thing or rent a car with a carseat. Wow, I seem to have a lot to say about car seats and traveling and toddlers.

**When we have visited Halifax before, we have loved spending time in the library. Ottawa public library on Metcalfe was pretty sad in terms of kids play area. They had a few lego in a Tupperware and that was it. Jon and I were like, oh wow, ok, let's head out. But then Cohen proceeded to be thrilled by the small amount of lego and allowed Jon and I to sit on the floor/on that sweet loveseat for an hour while he played. Perfect.

***The Airbnb we stayed in was really nice. The building was pretty new, and everything was awesome. They had 24 hour security at the front door, which I love so much. But the elevators were hideous. Maybe undergoing construction? I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...