Saturday 13 June 2015

Some days I love my job


Earlier this week I had a tough day at work. A coworker called in sick, leaving us short-staffed. A few appointments ran late because the patients needed something extra done. We squeezed in a few emergencies. We ran out of some impression material I needed. It was the kind of day where you are running around the whole day without a second to look up. The phone is ringing off the hook, and a young patient is crying at the prospect of getting a needle. The kind of day where you have 20+ charts to write up at the end of the day. I think every single job has some version of a day like this. I have done a handful of jobs (waitress, pharmacy technician, cashier, fast food worker, etc), and they all have those days where you wonder why you are even doing the job. You feel like a total failure, and you totally want to sing this song

Those kind of days I need to remember that this job is the one that I chose when I was a little girl. This is the job that I would have even if we lived in a place where every occupation gets the same exact pay. I would be a dentist no matter what. I love it. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...