Tuesday 9 July 2013

on hiking while 8 months pregnant + pregnancy aches and pains






we hiked brimstone head last weekend with shannon. this is a super short hike, mostly stairs. for j and shannon, it was super duper easy. for me, a little harder. since i have been experiencing back pain from the bump, walking for longer than 10 minutes, can get pretty painful for me. but i really wanted to see the top of this trail. we stopped every 5 minutes or so and i sat and rested. we also brought a heating pad, so when we were done, we went back to the cottage and i heated my back for a while. worked perfect.

for me, the big difference in the way i deal with this back pain is all mental. i talked to a trusted doctor, who examined all the possibilities for my intense back pain. the truth is the pain is simply a mechanical thing. my muscles are being strained from carrying an extra 30 pounds on my belly. the baby is also positioned on my nerve sometimes. knowing that, all i can do is take it easy and accept the back rubs and pampering that my husband offers me. i have learned certain positions that ease the pain a bit, and i know what makes it worst. more on my recent pregnancy experiences later

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, expect walking a slope would be harder for you, but helpful in some ways too. It's a good way to keep active. Just don't do it alone, okay? On second thought, when you're pregnant you are never alone. Lol. You are expected to feel pain and it's impressive that you can handle it mentally. If a dummy pill can help cure cancer, who would say the Placebo effect wouldn't work for back pain. Still consult a chiro or a therapist though. When's the baby who have hiked Brimstone coming out? :D Sienna@Fort Lauderdale Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...