Saturday 30 May 2020

The last of the quarantine reading: Jon and I pretty much have a mini book club now



Because of coronavirus, Jon and I have ended up reading more of the same books than ever. These are two books I normally would not grab. I tend to prefer memoirs and true stories. And of course I am into reading all the popular books that make it into Oprah's and Reese's book clubs. Some friends dropped off a box of books for us a couple weeks ago, and we dove right in:

Breath by Tim Winton: 
I need to start by saying how much Jon and I both were not into the cover art. Very unappealing cover. Anyway, Jon and I both really really loved this book. It is completely about surfing. The sentences felt very calming and meditative somehow, and I was so hooked. Jon felt the same way. Can't wait to read more from this author. 

The Ravine by Paul Quarrington:
I was pretty skeptical about this one due to just reading Life of Hope and not being that into it. The Ravine was so much better for me. The book explores how traumas in childhood can have lasting effects throughout adulthood. So into that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...