Thursday 23 April 2020

More quarantine reading: Jon's library books




We have a lot of library books right now. They are in every room of our house, so I am not sure of an exact number, but for sure twenty plus. We usually pay a lot of late fees because we like to have tons of backup books. I enjoy reading at least two books at once these days. I am moving to Jon's library books now.

The life of hope by Paul Quarrington: This was a book that Jon got from the library and read, and I would never have picked it up if not for the quarantine. I had to read two thirds of it before I really embraced it for what it was and started to enjoy the weirdness. I sometimes want a book to either be super realistic, or completely fantasy. But this story has a talking fish and a giant and so much nonsexual nudity. Somehow it kinda worked and I liked it.

We begin our ascent by Joe Mungo Reed: LOVED it. Jon really liked this one, and we usually have pretty different opinions about books (his very favourite when we started dating was this one. I didn't really get the hype). I feel like I learned so much about professional cycling. Just so so good. I want to read more by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...