Saturday 30 May 2020

Why I am still doing this whole blog thing


1. I just can't write a lot with a pen and paper anymore. I used to keep journals, and I have boxes and boxes of them now. But I don't really write anymore, so my fingers are just more used to typing. I still do keep a journal (well, multiple journals really), but when I want to write a lot, I turn to the laptop
2. I suck at backing things up. It's a little different now that we have the cloud, but I have lost so many pictures and so much writing to crashing computers. I think my age (36) makes me just on the cusp of being someone who completely trusts computers. I definitely don't fully trust. For a few years of my life, all I have of my personal writing and pictures is what is on this blog. And I love looking back at it. I fully write this blog just for me.

3. I never regret it. Sometimes I feel that teeny sense of shame if I am revealing something about myself that is really personal, but then after I feel liberated and as though maybe I will help someone else who is going through what I went through. I am for sure an oversharer in real life, and I just feel compelled to write all this stuff down. And I try to always do what I am compelled to do. A sense of longing to do something feels as important as any motivation to me.

4. I still LOVE following blogs. It's still my absolute favourite form of social media. My true favourite forever and ever is cup of jo. And I also love design mom. And door sixteen. And heart of light. Normally I am so over a blog when the original blogger hires other writers to also write posts. But for some reason cup of jo still works. I just think blogs are a really fun medium.

5. Blogging is so different from what I get paid to do at my job. So I think writing stuff down about my life balances my more serious healthcare job where I maybe don’t get to share my inner self as much. 

6. Blogging feels so minimal. It's a hobby that I don't need anything for. I am not really into accumulating things, so I am less interested in painting or knitting or I dunno, making cakes with fondant icing. I just write on our family laptop and that's it. No clutter. 

 
I am not really good about posting regularly, but I still love writing on this blog.  This is why:






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...