Monday 6 January 2020

Sushi dates

I am just finding these old pictures from 6 months ago that I still want to post. Both our boys are so into sushi. Actually, they are mostly just into avocado maki, but Jon and I will take it. 



In the summer, we love to do a family date to the sushi place (Haru sushi) a mile away from our house. We bike there, sit on the patio, and order 6 avocado makis for the boys, and some sushi for Jon and I. And we always get the dessert, which is always a little bit different, but mainly black sesame ice cream with whipped cream and sometimes fried bananas. This time, the boys got a little pocky stick in their ice cream, which pretty much made their day. And the whipped cream was abundant, and at the bottom of the glass. Which made me want to serve ice cream sundaes at my next dinner with whipped cream at the bottom, and pocky sticks to top it off. 




Also wondering if I should get an ice cream maker so I can make sesame ice cream. And also sundaes served in normal water glasses seem so simple and nice. I for sure don't think you need special glassware for it. Also loving the little bits of rice on W's sleeve while he enjoys his sundae.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...