Thursday 30 January 2020

Library list: more reading




Lots more reading:

Everything is figureoutable. by Marie Forleo. I love Marie Forleo, and have seen lots of her stuff on youtube. This book was more of what you see on her youtube videos. She talks about how she started with nothing, and worked super hard for her success. One of my big takeaways from the book is that we should all be working at all the jobs. She has done lots of jobs including years of waitressing and also cleaning toilets, etc. And she feels that all the jobs she has done have helped her in her success. For me, working lots of jobs has been really beneficial. Now that I am a successful business owner, I think my experiences as a deli girl, waitress, pharmacy tech, sandwich artist, etc are super valuable.

This book also talks about following your gut. Marie says to take lots of jobs, but to not hesitate to quit if you are not feeling it.

If I stay. by Gayle ForemanThis book was made into a movie a few years ago. I didn't see the movie, and I probably won't. The book is young adult (a personal fav genre of mine), and I liked it, as cheesy as it was.

The Nickel Boys. by Colson Whitehead. Oh wow. This book hooked me from the start, but then I read on the jacket that the story is based on a real place. Sometimes when a book involves child abuse, I can't even read it. But this book was super readable, even though the subject matter was really horrendous. I loved it, and now I have to go back and read the Underground Railroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...