Sunday 30 August 2015

Some recent pics...

(chalk on a nice day) 


(a very early morning watching the swim leg of Jon's triathlon) 

(post-triathlon) 

(checking out the renegade "fair" in an old parking lot in our tiny town) 

(ferris wheel) 

(last day of soccer for Cohen) 

(food court with grandparents) 

(Cohen and his Nan) 

(always taking pics of his feet)

The last few weeks have been pretty busy for us. Jon competed in his last triathlon of the season (he came in second in his category!), and we attended the Annual National Dental Conference in St. John's. Soccer ended for Cohen, and we have been trying to be outside as much as possible before fall really sets in around here. 

In the background I have been wrestling with some life stuff. Namely, do I want to go back to school? When we were on vacation a few weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with one thought: I should go back to school. I didn't sleep for two nights. I was rolling the thought over in my head over and over. Thinking about what that would mean for our family, for our finances, for my career, for our whole entire life. On the third day of thinking about it constantly, I told Jon what I was thinking. Jon said, do it! He said he was totally on board, that it would be an exciting move for our family. So I looked into my options. Odds of getting in: 4%. Minimum average needed: B+ (I am only slightly above that). Length of program: 3 years. I started researching living accommodations. I started writing my entrance application essay in my head. I started thinking about references. 

And then just as quickly as the thought entered my head, it was gone. I don't want to spend three years super busy and barely seeing my son right now. Maybe someday. But for now, I really want to focus on Cohen. I will keep getting myself more and more educated. I will keep taking courses. And I will be grateful for my amazing work schedule (3 days a week). So that's that. I feel really at peace with where we are in our life right now, which is super lucky, I think. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...