Even though we took almost two weeks off from work, it never quite feels like that because we spend a ton of time driving and flying. We flew to Fredericton, where my parents live, picked up their car, and drove right to Cavendish, PEI, where Jon's family meets annually for 5 nights. Then we went to Saint John, NB so that Jon could stand in a wedding of his close friend. Then it was back to Fredericton for another night before heading home again.
(this little guy loves airplanes and airports)
(taking a sink bath- and having a snack)
(almost too big)
(driving to PEI)
(cousins having breakfast)
(watching cartoons in the cottage we rented)
(Jon and G chilling on the hammock)
(relaxing after swimming. we kept the cottage so tidy:)
(fav ride at Sandspit)
(Cows ice cream. the best)
(the grandparents were babysitting both grandkids for the weekend)
(visiting the mall)
(meanwhile in Saint John...)
(he looks so old!!)
(back on the plane)
- This was the first trip that Cohen got his own seat on the airplane. For flight #1, it was awesome. We hooked him up with a show on the iPad and a snack, and he was in heaven. Jon and I read magazines. Loved it. For flight #2 Cohen was in my lap again after crying through the pre-flight announcements, which I am going to blame on no nap. The pilot/flight attendant was like, maybe just hold him, ok? Flights 3 and 4 were awesome thanks to the iPad.
- We stayed in the same cottages we stayed at last year in Cavendish. I can't imagine wanting to try anywhere else, because these have everything you would want, namely a pool and lots of shade during the day. My sister and her family stayed with us for the first few days as they did last year, and it was so fun to do meals together. Especially nice since they get up super early with their 1-year-old, so we were all having coffee at 7 am.
- It worked out that my sister and I both had weddings to attend the same weekend, so we both dropped our kids off to our parent's house for the weekend. My parents loved it, and so did we. Jon and I even snuck out and did a little shopping a few times. So great. Grandparents are the best.
- Jon was doing wedding activities during the day, so I was pretty thrilled to go get my hair done. It's been since November, and I always forget how good it feels to have freshly highlighted hair. But it took 3.5 hours, so I remembered why I only do it twice a year.
- Since I attended high school in the same town where my parents currently live, I actually have a handful of close friends in the area that I love to see when I am home. But it's hard!! Before Cohen, much easier. Now, I am lucky to grab a coffee with my high school bff. This time, I saw no one but family. Do other people find that hard?