Monday 19 November 2012

teenaged me: nail polish

(our apartment's bathroom in halifax, plus nail polish)

due to being in bed with a head cold ALL DAY on sunday, i ended up reading all of this book and hours worth of this blog. i came upon a post about being nostalgic for teenage things. the music you loved as a teen, your clothes, your room.

it got me thinking about my true obsession with nail polish. i had maybe 200 bottles (i used my babysitting money). i had a special case for it, which of course i had painted completely with nail polish. the polishes were organized by colour. i used to paint my latest colours on a piece of looseleaf, which i would then send to my best friend. i didn't even paint my fingernails that often. i used the polish to paint my nightstand, my mirror, my alarm clock. i still wake up every day to the 80's big white sony alarm clock covered in nail polish. only i can work it, since you can't see the writing on the buttons due to the polish.

anyway, when i was 15 we moved, and i couldn't take all my nail polish with me. now i have maybe six nail polished, with three bottles of mint sprint by sally hansen, because i am always scared of running  out, i love it that much.

other things i was obsessed with as a teen: smashing pumpkins (billy corgan, not jack-o-lanterns), beads, allure magazine, cosmetics (especially wet & wild and covergirl), this one pair of non-stretchy bell bottomed silver jeans, thrift shopping, making collages, disposable cameras, doc martins.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your nail polish collection, and the case it came in, and I loved getting those nail polish notes:) I love this post idea, I may just have to make one of my own! Hope all is well and you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jess, you have to do a "teenaged me" post!! it would be hard for you to do it on something other than your frenchie's obsession. you were also sorta obsessed with sunflowers

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...