Tuesday 15 December 2020

A weekend on PEI

We usually see Jon's parents every few months, and even though we saw them over the summer for a few days, we were eager to see them again before Christmas. My mother-in-law turned 80 last month, and for the last few years we have talked about renting a hall and having a big open house type party for her birthday. She has lived on PEI since she was in her late twenties, and knows tons of people! Anyway, of course the big party wasn't happening, but we still wanted to see her. We got really lucky and were able to come the week before the border closed. 

(birthday cake time)




We had such a nice little visit. We stayed in a little Airbnb 5 minutes from my mother-in-law's house, and right on the water. Two highlights: we went to Jon's childhood home where his dad still lives. The house has never been upgraded (save for necessary things) since Jon was a kid, so it was really cool to see. I hadn't been there since Jon and I were dating and we stayed there for a few nights. I liked showing the boys a different kind of house. And Jon showed me tons of old pictures and newspaper articles and yearbooks. And we had a look at the old poster from Jon's modelling days. 



The second highlight for me was going for a walk all by myself through the downtown. It was a rainy afternoon and no one wanted to go with me, so I just walked around, popping in to different stores here and there. I think working in a little alone time on a family vacation is so awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...