Friday 22 June 2018

Will is 9 months old!

I just need to preface this by saying I am absolutely sick about what is happening on the border in the states with immigrant children and their parents. I am so lucky to have won the geographical lottery that is being born here in Canada. Being separated from my two boys for any reason is truly my worst nightmare and makes me physically ill to even think about it. 

Anyway, Will. He is such a sweet little angel. He is 9 months old now, and such a joy! We have a very laid back baby. 

(at family day on Base Gagetown) 

(at the Killarney Lake beach) 


What's happening with Will lately:

- He had his 9 month checkup with the doctor the other day, and he is totally average for height, and a little but less than average for weight. The doctor said is is probably a little light because he is mobile.

- The doctor also told me I can feel free to quit breastfeeding and switch to whole milk if I want. I was so thrilled when I heard that! I had decided fairly arbitrarily that I wanted to breastfeed long enough so I could avoid buying formula. I am now planning to slowly wean Will over the next month or two.

- Sleeping is kinda wild these days. Some nights he wakes up only once for a few minutes, and other nights he is up for hours ready to party. He starts every night in his crib at around 6:30 pm. Some nights (most nights?) he ends up in bed with Jon and I. I am so focused on making sure Jon and I get decent sleep that I can't be bothered with any kind of sleep training/learning right now. Eventually we will get 8 hours of consecutive sleep again (I hope!). Will is up for the day around 5 am most mornings. For some reason I find 5 am sooo much harder than 6 am.

- And naps are kind of a joke right now. We get maybe 45 minutes in the morning and another 30 minutes in the car in the afternoon. It doesn't help that our days are jam packed right now, so Will rarely gets the opportunity to nap in his crib in the afternoon. I think the summer will be a little slower and better for the sleep schedule.

- Will just got his two top front teeth. Omg they seem so huge in his little mouth! It felt like the teething went on for days if not weeks. His sweet little gums were red and inflamed and he was drooling like crazy.

- Will's new favourite things to do: crawl into the bathroom and put his hands in the toilet water (uggg!) and climb up our super steep stairs. He keeps us on our toes for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...