Tuesday 6 April 2021

End of March Reading List



 Paper towns by John Green. 4/5. Loved it. I've read lots of his books, and they are so nice to read. His characters are in high school and really smart. And there is an epic road trip, which is the best. I want to check out the movie now. 

Your Erroneous zone by Wayne Dyer. 5/5. This book is intense. It kind of has a Byron Katie vibe to me. Some stuff from the book:

- Most sickness is a choice. This is a little much, but I absolutely believe a majority of illness comes from stress. And of course stress is a choice. So I guess I agree in a way. He talks about how illnesses get us so much benefit like attention and being able to avoid certain things that scare us. 

- Complaining is useless and so is apologizing. He says it's so much better to realize you have made a mistake and then vow to do something differently. 

- Do what you want. I think this is the main takeaway I got from the book. He says we all need to do exactly what we feel like doing way way more. He uses really simple examples like going to sleep when you want, eating when you want, giving gifts when you want. He says we should all avoid following cultural and societal conventions as much as we can. 


The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman. 4/5. This book is really old (pre-2000) and also American, so a lot of the advice does not apply here in Canada. But I still really liked the book. Some tips from the book:

- Believe you deserve to have enough money. If you always feel like you don't have enough, you will never have enough

- Give away money every month. She really feels you need to give money away to get more money. She says never to give money to friends or siblings, ever. She recommends you donate anonymously to a charity you care about every month. 

- Obvious tips you will find in every finance book like get rid of credit card debt, start investing really early, etc. 

- Be cool with losing everything. She talks about how her dad lost everything three times, and each time he came back with more abundance than before. 


Too Close to the Falls by Catherine Gildiner. 2.5/5. 

Hmmmmm. I dunno, but I just wasn’t really into this. It was slow. I think I would have enjoyed these cute little stories of her life in essay format like David Sedaris. Nothing really exciting or extreme happens in this book. But it was cute sometimes. And funny sometimes. I think I would love having coffee with the author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...