Sunday 12 May 2019

Our Easter weekend

I know Easter was kind of a while ago, but this is where I am at in life. Easter weekend is when some of our friends come back to our town to visit their parents, so I try to make it easy for us all to get together if I can. This year we did a big brunch because so many of us are parents of little kids, so we kind of need our social life to include them and also be around nap time and also allow us to maybe have a drink during the day.  

We had maybe thirty people here for a brunch. I went a little crazy with weird desserts like pavlovas that look like fried eggs, and Ina Garten's lemon loaf. This is what I have concluded: the recipes that are kinda weird and take forever and have ingredients you don't usually buy are not huge sellers at a brunch. It seems to me that people really just love quiche and bacon and cookies and fruit. I ended up throwing out pretty much all these little baskets I made from phyllo pastry that I had filled with whipped cream and berries because no one ate them. I didn't even want one, because phyllo pastry is soo messy. Also, I have learned that you can NEVER have too much bubbly and orange juice. Everyone loves that. And also a pitcher of Caesars will get drank for sure for sure for sure. 



My sister and mom and brother's girlfriend are 100% for all the crafts and baking activities even though we all act like we think it's lame and messy. We also tell the kids that the cookies and icing and candy are not edible. We are monsters I know. 



The cousins were loving the puddles. We are lucky that the flooding does not effect us at all, and we just end up with soaked kids every time they exit the house. 



We did the unicorn swirl Easter eggs, and it was fun for two seconds, and then we put all four cousins into a shower because it was the messiest. Then we let them throw the eggs off the deck because honestly the eggs were not that pretty and they were a little smelly after a certain one-year-old kept squeezing them until they cracked. 






We did lots of bubble blowing and catching. At 1.5 years old, Will basically just wants to drink the bubble liquid, but the other kids love chasing bubbles. We are considering getting a bubble machine if it means we can just sit and watch while the kids run around.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...