Saturday 25 May 2013

on my wish list: fogo island inn


i have a little goal to visit as many hotels on newfoundland as i can. the fogo island inn is absolutely at the top of my list.

we have been to fogo before, and loved it. fogo is a few hours drive from gander, then you take a short ferry to the island. when we visited last time, the inn was still under construction. now it is all done, and it looks amazing.

we were going to take a little babymoon to the fogo inn, but decided against it for a few reasons. staying at the inn is very expensive. j and i stayed at some very fancy hotels on our honeymoon, and the fogo island inn is comparable. the cost of a night stay at the inn includes three full (probably amazing) meals, unlimited snacks, unlimited alcohol. i knew i wouldn't be able to enjoy the alcohol, so it seemed like kind of a waste for me. also, there are apparently hot tubs on the roof for stargazing. sounds perfect. though i have been avoiding hot tubs due to baby, so another cool thing wasted on pregnant me.

hopefully jon and i will get a chance to check out the fogo island inn after baby comes.

2 comments:

  1. I so wish I could have found a way to get our wedding gift to you... it would have fit perfectly with your goal! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, I want to feature this blog post on our new travel site and would love to hear your opinion. Please let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...