Monday 10 December 2012

a little part of our story


j and i have been married for almost five months now, and it's got me thinking about what it was like to start dating over 5 years ago. the moment that i really thought we would end up together is so clear in my head that i feel like i have a photo of it. j was waiting for me at the corner of hollis and morris in halifax. he was wearing this big woolen navy blue sweater and faded jeans. as i walked down the hill toward him, a man and his  big dog walked near j. he immediately bend down to pet the dog, and started chatting with the man. when he looked up and saw me, he had a huge smile on his face. i just thought that he was exactly where i wanted to be. i thought that his whole approach to life seemed to be caught in that moment with the dog and the stranger and me. he treats the world and everyone in it with such a positive energy. people really are drawn to him. and me most of all.

i really knew after that moment that i loved him and wanted nothing more than to spend as much time with him as i could. it was another year before he realized he felt that way about me. so funny to think about that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...