Tuesday 14 April 2020

Before and afters of our main room

I recently found the listing pictures of our house online, so I thought I would compare them to where we are now. The main room in our house includes the kitchen, the dining room, and the living room. I already wrote about our kitchen renovations here and here

Three years of living with our kitchen renovation, we are still really happy with it. But. If I had more time and money, I would probably now opt for a panelled fridge that blends in with the cabinetry. Also, on the sink wall, I might extend those two floating shelves the length of the cabinets, and just make them a little less deep. I also wish our upper cabinets on the right wall went all the way up to the ceiling. That space above the cabinets feels very wasted to me. 

Other things I want to change some day: 
- The fireplace. I like it, but I think a big chunky slab of marble on top would make it even better. 
- Our dining table. I still love the look of it, but I find the legs get in the way when we have a big crowd here. I would love to have a big stainless steel top made for it, or maybe sell it and get a new longer/larger dining table. 
- The church pew. I have the fabric, but I'm kind of scared to tackle re-upholstering it on my own. Maybe when this quarantine is over, I will hire someone to come in and reupholster it. The fabric I bought for it is waterproof and beige. It will be a big change from mustard carpet-like fabric.

Before:








After:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...