Saturday 6 February 2016

The last two weekends (in crappy iPhone pics)

We actually had a really busy last couple weekends. Last weekend we were in Halifax for a course (on root canals, yes!). The weekend before we had a rare date night in which we went to a seven-course meal at the ski resort in our town. 

(I wanted to take more pics of the plates but this was the only one I got) 

(snowshoeing/sliding before we lost all our snow) 

(he loves washing his toys in the sink) 

(playing the piano at YYT) 

(on the moving sidewalk at YHZ) 

(hotel life) 

(Cohen and his teddy) 

(shuttle to the airport) 

(catching a ride to the car)

The eat the hill event was really cool. We were seated with a group of strangers (two nice couples), and sat down for seven courses, all from different local restaurants (when I say local, I mean two hours away in St. John's, since we do not have any fine dining here :). We had things like beaver pie, moose soup, and ice cream with bacon on top. Although I ate it all, I found some courses really odd. I think that's the whole point. My fav was the bacon-topped ice cream. I am all about sweet and salty. 

Last weekend was our trip to Halifax. There was such a terrible storm happening that the pilot came on and told us we might now be able to land, and he was just gonna keep circling the airport for a while to see if the snowplows could clear the snow away fast enough for him to land. Oh my. Anyway, we did land, and my parents were there to pick us up. Jon and I kept pretty busy all weekend, leaving Cohen with the grandparents. So awesome. We had one minor situation when Teddy bear went missing for two hours. Jon and I were pretty much ready to book the next flight out of here. We have never ever attempted a night without Teddy. We eventually found him in the lobby, and I really don't know who was more relieved. For the first time, we had a really hard time getting through security at the airports because Cohen can barely stand his teddy to go through the x-ray machine. Toddler freak-outs seem pretty standard at security so Jon and I don't even bat an eye. 

I learned a small lesson on this last trip. If you are only going somewhere for two days and staying in a hotel and have work stuff you have to do, don't even try to optimistically plan social stuff on top of work stuff. It's probably not going to happen because toddlers and traveling. 

Also, our hotel in Halifax was seriously awesome. We had a suite with a kitchen and separate bedroom for us and a regular room across the hall for my parents, and it was perfect. They were so incredibly good about Cohen's allergies in the dining room. Also, there was a hot tub that Jon and I snuck up to one night after the little guy was (finally) asleep while my parents hung out in our room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...